|Join in the hodgepodge fun every Wednesday with Joyce|
1. Lake Superior University has once again published a list of words/phrases they think should be banished from the Queen's English...here's the list for 2013-
fiscal cliff, kick the can down the road, double down, job creators/creation, passion/passionate, yolo (an acronym for you only live once), spoiler alert, bucket list, trending, superfood, boneless wings, and guru
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why. Go here to read more about how the words were chosen.
I'd have to go with spoiler alert or bucket list. I've been guilty of using them myself, but if you say them over and over they just sound silly, don't they?
That would be the summer of 2011 when we spent a day out with Thomas the Tank Engine for Lil Sis and Baby Girl's birthdays. We just pretty much made a roundtrip about a mile or so down the track and back. =0) Unfortunately I don't have the pictures from this event because my computer crashed last March and I lost so many, many pictures. I cannot speak of this or I will cry. Lesson learned -- backup, backup, backup.
3. Bagels-yay or nay? Favorite 'flavor'? Favorite topping?
I don't care for bagels. They are too tough and chewy for me.
4. 'Tis the season of awards shows...if you could star in a movie already made which one would you choose?
Interesting question. My favorite movies are the old black and whites of the 1940s. I might choose Gone with the Wind, though, and take a turn at being Scarlett O'Hara. That would be fun!
5. The move towards single gender classrooms has been making the news in recent months....what say you? Do you think kids perform better if separated by gender and are taught differently or is that discrimination? If you're a parent, is this something you'd support in regard to your own children?
I hadn't heard about this idea. This is one of the reasons we homeschool -- so our children are free to learn and not worry about "politics" and that sort of thing. Of course, we do operate a single gender school since we have 3 girls!
6. What's your favorite thing about staying in a hotel?
A reprieve from housework! Of course, I always come back with piles of laundry to do, but it's nice to have maid service temporarily.
7. Do you have a 'word' for 2013? What's the story behind your choice?
I do have a word for 2013. This is the second year I've chosen a word. Last year it was focus and this year it is peace. You can read about it here.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
“You cannot find peace by avoiding life."
~ Virginia Woolf